Friday, November 7, 2008

It lives, kind of

(Cross-posted from my FASEBUKLAWL. Perhaps I shall write an actual blog entry tomorrow, with some trenchant thoughts on the election results that aren't just juvenile stone-flinging in the general direction of John McCain.)

I've been back in SF for a week now and jesus christ do I love this city.

It's kind of horrific how much of a difference being 21 makes - so much more to do, so many more options. Not just the drinking age, of course, but being more or less self-sufficient, with the resources and wherewithal to enjoy the City to its full potential, or at least as much as I can with a couple hundred bucks in one week (which, it turns out, is a whole fucking lot.) I feel like I understand San Francisco's status as a destination better than I did when I lived here - how it earned that capital C, so to speak.

Of course, a lot of it is just being on vacation, having no cares or responsibilities for a week, and having a bunch of friends all likewise suffused with a cheery reminiscent glow - this is a good place for that sort of thing. But even taking this into account, San Francisco still feels like the place where I want to end up. Like home.

This means, of course, that I'm going to need to make a fuckton of money, which means that I'm going to need to get my ass in gear what with doing important life/work/school-related things. Grrnnnssshhggh. I'll really need to practice that self-motivation thing, and so on. I like to think that with the election over (and HOW) I'll have more time to do things because I won't be constantly F5ing Google News; the fact is, though, I am stellar at self-distraction and always have been. So that's not likely to change all at once.

Clearly, I need to acquire a girlfriend to cajole me into doing something with my life. How does one go about doing that again? It's been a while. Fucking humans. This is, perhaps, not the best plan.

In any case, my stream of consciousness is rapidly petering out. Maybe I can at least make myself blog/note/what have you more often, and get back into the habit of writing daily. And maybe, just maybe, I can continue on with my various time-consuming hobbies while simultaneously getting my life a bit more on track, and still be a reasonably pleasant and sane human being. It's thoroughly possible.

I mean, who needs sleep anyway? The City beckons, bitches!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

acquire a girlfriend?

Man, if only that worked, Wes would be a millionaire, and I would be in the lap of luxury.